Skip to main content

$$ isn't everything...

        I have humbled myself over the past few months. IN A GREAT WAY. I have not only learned that money isn't what will make a person happy, I've learned that it will have you miserable to say the very least. Money does make the world go round BUT, all you need is just enough to maintain a place to live (IMO). For many years I thought money would be what would make me happy, it would be the answer to ALL my problems and I couldn't have been more wrong.

        After working for the people I work for I've learned that not only do I NOT want all the money, I don't even want more than I need. It turns out people with money are no more than robots that lose their own souls. I've witnessed kids be pushed aside after a few hundred bucks was tossed their way. I've seen shopping bags overfilled set aside never to be thought of again. I've seen more sadness & heartache within the people who had more money than they could spend than I have seen in the eyes of homeless people not knowing if they were ever going to eat again. The scripture that comes to mind since I have been witnessing all that I have seen.... Matthew 16:26 - "And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?" That word alone speaks to me personally. You couldn't tell me I would ever see things the way I do now 5 years ago. My money thoughts of misery have not only been removed they have been put in a new light. I was so foolish in my thoughts, Many many years of thoughts. Wow, how much time I have wasted thinking money would be the answer. I couldn't have been more incorrect. 

        I am not only humbled I'm content AND very much happy I have finally seen the light God has been trying to show me my entire life. Who would have thought I would see the light in this way? I know my scull is a bit thicker than most but I didn't think it was THIS thick. I am very thankful God is still working to get me to see his ways & what is best for me. That tells me one of two things, He hasn't given up on me & he still wants me on his team. I know he will never give up on me but me being me & thinking like a simple human I just think that sometimes he has got to get sick & tired of me being so bullheaded & selfish. I know I would if someone was like me. THANKFULLY, God isn't a simpleton & doesn't act on hum impulses. Anyway, This learning experience has been more than what I needed. It has been EXACTLY what I needed at the EXACT right time in my life. 


        Now I can focus on what I need to focus on & that is getting back on track with my relationship that I am supposed to have with God. I'm excited :)
       

Popular posts from this blog

OMG ~ 14 more days

This time is passing much faster than I thought... I am getting super EXCITED!

Surreal...

This is so surreal for me. Damon is gonna be here in 8 days... I can NOT believe this. Eight days... I LOVE THIS! and I also love the number 8 perfume by A&F too ;)

Seventeen... WOW

I can NOT believe this is coming so fast but yet feels like a million years away.... I'm getting more and more geeked by the second!